Time. Out.

I need a break.

Like, a really nice long, kid-free break. Or, honestly, even 8 hours without having to deal with a kid would be nice.

With lots of wine and Facebook and sleep.

We have had one (or both) of the twins home sick from school since Friday- this makes for weird days.   J has had this weird flu-ish sickness for over a week (throwing up multiple times a day, every third day?) and I just need a break from sick kids and a messy house.

This whole month has just been a mess, and this week has been the icing on the cake.

L had his surgery at the beginning of the month and was home for a week.  I have missed every attempt at getting to the gym since the week before that, when doctors appointments coincided with everything on my planner.  It’s been crazy around here and I just want some semblance of a sane life back.

I doubt that will happen in the next month with the holidays though, and then in January we are back to Speech and OT after school so twice a week I get to sit in a waiting room while corralling J.  Not my favorite way to spend an hour.  It could be worse- I could have waiting room visits every day.  Or, the boys could not have access to these therapies at all.  It’s just an annoyance that I had already gotten used to and then they said they told us to give up our evening appointments and have them pulled out during the day- free up my time!  Save me a trip through rush-hour traffic!

If I had known 4 months later we would be back to afternoon appointments I would have kept them (and our beloved therapists).  Not to mention the routine would have been the same.

But today!  Today has been pretty crappy as far as dealing with kids goes.

W stayed home sick, which was fine.  He needed to and I am hoping this is the end of whatever it is that is going through our house.

Around noon-ish, the shit hit the fan.

Everyone got crazy and J turned cranked up the naughty to untold levels.

I can’t remember why he was on time-out, but while he was there he took of his pull-up and smeared crap over all the blankets and carpet in his room.


I started a load of laundry, gave him a bath and cleaned the carpet.

Then we all got int he car because I needed to get out of the house and have them contained and not making a mess for an hour.  So we went to Starbucks.

When we got home, while I was waiting for Lto get off the bus, W and J cracked half a dozen eggs on the kitchen floor.


I cleaned it up and stepped away for a few minutes because I was going to lose my shit.

When I came out of my room, my delicious, sanity saving Egg Nog Latte had been dumped all over the trampoline in the living room.


While I was cleaning up that mess, J dumped an entire gallon of milk on the kitchen floor.

At this point I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry because HOLYFUCKINGSHITSHITSHIT!

I called Yogi Dad to tell him of the afternoons events and he told me he was going to pick up dinner to give me a break.

At this point I finished cleaning up the milk and sat myself down on the couch and turned on CNN and I didn’t move until Yogi Dad got home.

W was raging away in his bedroom after throwing a sippy cup at my head.  J decided he was finally going to settle down and laid on the couch with L.

After Yogi Dad walked through the doors, I checked out.  I ate my dinner and I locked myself away in the office and let him deal with making beds and getting everyone in their pajamas.

I refuse to feel guilty over skipping out on bedtime.

I’m hoping tomorrow is a better day.  I hope everyone goes to school.  I hope J and I can have a fun day, doing things together and not a crazy, unplanned, disrupted day like the last month has been.

Let’s all cross our fingers and toes.

Copyright @ Minnesota Mom 2012